Springe direkt zu Inhalt


Zulassung / Admission

Zulassung / Admission
Image Credit: Marion Kuka

*Until further notice there are no office hours. Please submit your documents as one pdf-file via email. Alternatively, you can send them by post. Please do not send originals by post. All inquiries will be answered only by email or telephone.

Please submit your application for doctorate admission proceedings within the office hours* to the Doctoral Degree Office (room A.025), Arnimallee 22, 14195 Berlin.

Please note that the application for admission to the doctorate must be submitted at the beginning of your doctoral studies to the Doctoral Degree Office!

The following documents are required:

  • ID (Identity Card) or Passport
  • Certificate and transcript
    Originals or certified copies
    (In case of certificates, which are neither German nor English, a certified translation is requested)

    Diploma or
    Master + Bachelor (300 ECTS) or
    2nd State Examination Pharmacy and the transcript of records or
    3rd State Examination Medicine / Veterinary Medicine or
    another equivalent qualification

  • CV (signed and dated)

  • Working plan (signed by doctoral candidate and supervisor)
    Description of the objectives and methods of the doctoral project
    (1 – 2 pages continuous text)

  • Time schedule (signed by doctoral candidate and supervisor)
    Tabular representation of the chronological sequence up to the submission of your thesis

  • Proof of the language skills of the language in which the doctoral studies are done
    Originals or certified copies

    German: Level DSH 2 or equivalent proof
    TestDaF-Certificate at least 4 x TDN 4
    C 2 Certificate Goethe Institute

    English: Level B2 or equivalent proof
    six years of English instruction at school
    (if the language level is not shown on the (school) certificate)
    IELTS >5.0
    Cambridge Examinations: First Certificate (FCE), Advanced (CAE), Proficiency (CPE)

    TOEFL: Paper 500 or Computer 170 or Internet 80
    UNIcert® II
    TOEIC 785

    If you have earned your university entrance qualification abroad, the transcripts and documents you submit with your application do not typically show how many years of language instruction you have completed. In that case, you must submit either a certificate from the school regarding the duration of the instruction, or a language certificate.
    In case of university entrance qualifications issued in Australia, the United Kingdom, Ireland,
    Canada, New Zealand, or the United States of America, or if you have a degree from any
    of those countries, you are not required to provide any further proof regarding your English language skills on the B2.

Read on for the next topic 'FU Membership and Enrollment'.