Springe direkt zu Inhalt

FU Membership and Enrollment

Mitgliedschaftsverhältnis FU / Enrollment

Mitgliedschaftsverhältnis FU / Enrollment
Image Credit: Bernd Wannenmacher

According to § 5 of the doctoral regulations, as a doctoral candidate you must prove that you are a member of the FU Berlin, i.e. if you are not employed by the FU Berlin (e.g. scholarship holders), you are obliged to enroll with the student records and resgistration office. Otherwise, the admission to doctoral studies loses its validity.

The enrollment obligation exists with the admission until the submission of the thesis.

You can find the application for enrollment here.
For questions about the enrollment procedure, please contact the Student Records and Registration Office directly.

In case you do not want to use the semester ticket for public transportation, you may request an exemption at the Student Records and Registration Office before you pay the semester contributions/fee (Semesterbeitrag)!  You may apply for the exemption of the transportation pass (Semesterticket) either for one semester, several semesters or for your entire standard processing time at Freie Universität Berlin. Further information can be found here (under point 8).

Read on for the next topic: Standard Processing Time