Submission of the Thesis
Please send at least 10 days before you plan to submit your thesis an email with the following information to the Doctoral Degree Office:
- final title of your thesis
- names and institutions/affiliations of your reviewers
- type of your thesis (monograph / cumulative thesis)
Special field Biology / Pharmacy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special field Biochemistry / Chemistry: email@example.com
Please submit the thesis with all documents electronically in advance by e-mail (pdf) and then send us the original forms (signed by hand with a ballpoint pen) by post as well as a printed and bound version of your thesis (no spiral or ring binding).
Publications (which are related to the thesis) are to be enclosed with monographs as off-prints/prints (please do not include in case of a monographic thesis but submit separately).
In the case of a cumulative thesis, the publications will be included as part of the thesis.
Please note, in case of a cumulative thesis, all publications must already have been accepted by the publisher as the work submitted by you is an examination work. Therefore, it has to be published in the submitted version.
Please send us the following documents when submitting your dissertation:
- Submission according to § 7 of the regulations for the doctoral degree
Confirmation according to § 7 of the regulations for the doctoral degree
- Statistical survey
- Information on the reviewers
- Declaration of confidentiality (for reviewers not holding a permanent professorship of FU Berlin)
- Declaration of consent for the electronic forwarding/distribution
- Proof of acceptance of the manuscripts (in case of a cumulative work)
- one hardbound copy of the thesis
- an electronic version of the thesis (as pdf-file)
- if applicable, copies of the publications written in context with the thesis
- Identity card (as pdf-file)
The form "proposal for committee" does not exist anymore. The doctoral board names the committee members without proposal. In case your supervisor is interested in, he or she is free to submit a proposal by email before thesis submission. After thesis submission the proposal can not be considered.
Read on for the next topic 'Review and Display Period'.