Submission of the Thesis
Please send approx. 10 days before you plan to submit your thesis an email with the following information to the Doctoral Degree Office:
- final title of your thesis
- names and institutions/affiliations of your reviewers
- type of your thesis (monograph / cumulative thesis)
Special field Biology / Pharmacy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special field Biochemistry / Chemistry: email@example.com
Please submit the thesis with all documents electronically in advance by e-mail (pdf) and then send us the original forms (signed by hand with a ballpoint pen) by post as well as a printed and bound version of your thesis (no spiral or ring binding). Alternatively, you can drop the documents in the mailbox in front of our office.
Publications (which are related to the thesis) are to be enclosed with monographs as off-prints/prints (please do not include in case of a monographic thesis but submit separately).
In the case of a cumulative thesis, the publications including possibly existing supporting information/supplements will be included as part of the thesis.
Please send us the following documents when submitting your dissertation:Please note that the transitional period of the old doctoral regulations expires on 31st of May 2022, i.e. all dissertations submitted after 1st of June 2022 are exclusively subject to the new doctoral regulations (even if an application for return to the old doctoral regulations was submitted in advance)
- Copy of the identity card or passport
- Declaration of consent for the electronic forwarding/distribution
- Form for the submission of the thesis to the doctoral board
- For monograph: if applicable, copies of the publications written in context with the thesis
Note: please do not imbed in the thesis
- For cumulative thesis: list of publications that are part of the thesis, with titles and DOI links or proof of acceptance of the manuscripts
- Information on the reviewers
Note: your supervisor is your 1st reviewer
- Declaration of confidentiality
(for reviewers not holding a permanent professorship of FU Berlin)
- one hardbound copy of the thesis
Note: no spiral or ring binding
- an electronic version of the thesis (as pdf-file)
If there are any proposals regarding the composition of the committee, this must be communicated by the supervisor to the doctoral office by e-mail before you submit your dissertation, so that the docotral board can take this into account accordingly. Once the dissertation has been submitted, it can no longer be considered.
Read on for the next topic 'Review and Display Period'.