Submission of the Thesis
Please send at least 10 days before you plan to submit your thesis an email with the following information to the Doctoral Degree Office:
- final title of your thesis
- names and institutions/affiliations of your reviewers
- type of your thesis (monograph / cumulative thesis)
Special field Biology / Pharmacy: email@example.com
Special field Biochemistry / Chemistry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit the thesis with all documents electronically in advance by e-mail (pdf) and then send us the original forms (signed by hand with a ballpoint pen) by post as well as a printed and bound version of your thesis (no spiral or ring binding).
Publications (which are related to the thesis) are to be enclosed with monographs as off-prints/prints (please do not include in case of a monographic thesis but submit separately).
In the case of a cumulative thesis, the publications including possibly existing supporting information/supplements will be included as part of the thesis.
Please send us the following documents when submitting your dissertation:
- Form for the submission of the thesis to the doctoral board
- For monograph: if applicable, copies of the publications written in context with the thesis
Note: please do not imbed in the thesis
- For cumulative thesis: list of publications that are part of the thesis, with titles and DOI links or proof of acceptance of the manuscripts
- Information on the reviewers
Note: your supervisor is your 1st reviewer
- Declaration of confidentiality
(for reviewers not holding a permanent professorship of FU Berlin)
- one hardbound copy of the thesis
Note: no spiral or ring binding
- an electronic version of the thesis (as pdf-file)
- Copy of the identity card or passport
The form "proposal for committee" does not exist anymore. The doctoral board names the committee members without proposal. In case your supervisor is interested in, he or she is free to submit a proposal by email before thesis submission. After thesis submission the proposal can not be considered.
Read on for the next topic 'Review and Display Period'.