Rising Star – Junior Fellowships in the Department of Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy
The Rising Star Fellowship Program of the Department of Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy seeks to attract outstanding early-career researchers who have completed their doctorates within the last four years - preferably from abroad. The Rising Star fellows will take part in the research activities of their host-research groups, will be absorbed into existing research networks (CRCs, BBIB, research training groups, etc.) and will publish their results together with them.
The fellowship is valued at 2,500 € per month for two years. Additional benefits for research costs, mobility, family members and health insurance are provided (for details see PDF).
Applications will be accepted from preferably international researchers who have completed their doctorate within the last four years. The following documents must be submitted online:
- Cover letter
- CV with list of publications
- Project outline with specific plans as to the cooperation with research groups at Freie Universität of 2 to max. 4 pages
- Reference letters from two research groups within the Department of Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy of FU Berlin
- A copy of the doctoral certificate
The Fellowship Program is intended to forge new connections and to further interdisciplinary research. Research fellows may not have had any close relationship with Freie Universität. Former doctoral graduates and employees of Freie Universität cannot be considered.
Applicants whose research projects span two research groups from two different institutes within the department BCP might have a higher chance of success in the case of equal qualification. Successful applicants may apply for a grant for one of the groups.
- Applications will be addressed to the dean of the Department BCP and sent as one pdf file to the following e-mail address by November 30, 2020: email@example.com
- Questions can be addressed to Dr. Alette Winter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For further details, please check the PDF document.
Please note: Please contact the working groups within our department with whom you would like to collaborate directly and in a timely manner and discuss your research proposal with them. To find research groups, please visit the corresponding institute websites.
For the application, we only accept reference letters from working groups of our department.