Here you can find the Flyer, which are as well in front of the office of the local women’s representative and gender equality officer. (All german)
- Chief Gender Equality Officer of the Free university of Berlin
- BuKoF (Federal conference of all gender equality officers at universities - german)
for (future) scientists
- ProFil: The abbreviation of this cross-university programme stands for “Professionalisation of Women in Research and Teaching: Mentoring – Training – Networking”. Women of the target groups: female habilitated scientists, graduates admitted for habilitation, junior professors, leaders of promising groups, postdocs, will be accompanied for one year for the planning and development of their career and with the help of mentoring, seminars and networking possibilities prepared for leading and management tasks.
- Coachingnetz Wissenschaft: The “Coachingnetz-Wissenschaft” offers coachings for individuals of every position of scientific work. Possible topics of the communication and process orientated consulting are: health, diversity, leading competences, staff development. In focus are self-reflecting processes, self-regulatory competences and the individual leading ability.
- Deutscher Hochschulverband: The „Deutscher Hochschulverband“ not just advice its members in legal questions, but supports them by developing negotiating strategies and accompanies them through hearings of the appeal and check application papers.
- Kisswin: This information centre offers information and consulting concerning all phases and facets of scientific career. It’s settled at the RWTH Aachen.
- Cybermentor: is an online mentoring programme for pupils from 5th to 12th grade. Personal mentors accompany pupils for one year and show new perspectives as well as support them with their choice of a career.
- DAB e.V. (german version): DAB is the abreviation for „german female academics bond and as the name says it is an association from women for women in science. They are internationally connected, nonpartisan and non-confessional. Their aim is to support women, their factual equation and equality of rights at the political level, in their family and job. They are the contact for all academic areas. You can find a list of the connected organizations here (http://www.dab-ev.org/de/netzwerke/Netzwerke.php)
- NUT e.V. (german version): Women working or studying in the areas of natural sciences and technology participate in this association. Feel welcome as well, if you’re coming from an adjacent subject. Their aim is to support and promote women, sensibilize for the contradictory contexts of living between the gender, pronounce feminist critic, promote environment- and social friendly alternatives, exchange information, interdisciplinary collaboration and to stand up for these aims in debates and public.
- AKCC (german version): The „working group for equal opportunities” is part of the GDCh (Society of german chemists). It stands for equal opportunities of women and men, the reconcilability of career and family and the promotion of girls.
- /femconsult: This database is an offer sphere of operations of the centre for women in science and research CEWS of the GESIS - Leibniz-Institut for social sciences. It contains qualification profiles of female scientists of all disciplines in the german speaking area. You can independently create your account and like that be investigated. Further, they offer information about the topic recruitment of staff.
- Kompetenzzentrum Technik-Diversity-Chancengleichheit e.V.: This competence centre offers the possibility enter and create new alliances, to develop actions and initiatives concerning socially relevant topics as gender equal jobs and career planning, digital integration, diversity management, reconcilability of career and family and more.
- femdat.ch (german version): This is a platform, on which women and female academics look through job offers. It is also possible for interested to sign up to exchange with others and to be inquired.
- Federal Anti-Discrimination Agency: Beside of consulting possibilities you can find information concerning diversity and jurisdiction oon this website.
- bff: Frauen gegen Gewalt: On the website of the federal association of advisory bodies and emergency numbers for women are information about violence as well as places to go to get advice and immediate aid for person affected and confidants.
- Arbeitssicherheit (erman version): information about approaches, immediate measures and contacts in case of sexual harassment at work.
- DFG: The german research community stands up for equal opportunities and equal rights for women and men in science and its system. You can find information about basics, measures, standards and monitoring and their significance on this website.
- Gendermainstreaming Portal der Bundesregierung: The portal for gender mainstreaming of the federal government defines this as a duty to pay attention to the different consequences of decisions for women and men. On the website, you can find information related to equal rights, legal provision, leaflets, guidelines and aids.
- KONSENS: is an annual published review of the DAB e.V. (www.dab-ev.org – german version). They report about their work, their aims, successes and conferences. It is a good way to find out if a membership has personal advantages for job and career.
- Statements and resolutions of the NUT e.V.: different publications related to the situation of women in natural sciences and technological areas.
- HighChem 2013: in 2013 the GDCh published the HighChem with the topic “living equal gender opportunities in chemistry”. They present women with and without family in science and best-practice-examples.
- Publications of the “Coachingnetz Wissenschaft”: a collection of works relating to the topics coaching and science published by the members of the coachingnetwork.
- Publications of the “Kompetenzzentrum Frauen in Wissenschaft und Forschung”: The competence centre belongs to the GESIS – Leibniz-Institut of social sciences and they provide information about statistics, data bases for equal rights and positionings concerning current scientific topics from a gender equal perspective as well as series of texts about women in science and more.
Guides for doctorates
- Grunzenhäuser, Randi, und Erika Haas.2000.Promovieren mit Plan. Ihr individueller Weg von der Themensuche zum Doktortitel.Wien.
- Hechler, Daniel.2008.Promovieren lernen:Die jüngere Promotionsratgeberliteratur. Literaturbericht.Die hochschule (1): S. 184-192.
- Knigge-Illner, Helga. 2002. Der Weg zum Doktortitel.Strategien für die erfolgreiche Qualifikation.
- Stock, Steffen, Patricia Schneider, Elisabeth Peper und Eva Molitor (Hrsg.). 2009. Erfolgreich promovieren. Ein Ratgeber von Promovierten für Promovierende.
- you can find specimens, review, materials and more online (german version)
- Forum for doctorates: It is a platform, on german, which bundles information about the scientific dissertation and it is also possible to get in contact with other doctorate candidates.
- Färber, Christine &Ute Riedler. 2011. Black-Box Berufung. Strategien auf dem Weg zur Professur.Frankfurt a.M./New York.
Paper related to equal rights & sciences
(The links lead directly to the download at the library of the Free University of Berlin)
On this site we make additional information to the following topics available. Unfortunately, many sources are just available in german.