120 Years of Pharmacy in Berlin-Dahlem
News from Oct 17, 2022
120 years ago, on 27 October 1902 the Pharmaceutical Institute was officially opened as first academic institute at the Berlin Dahlem site of the Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität. Back then, it also was a long journey from an idea to its realisation. The initial spark for building a new Pharmaceutical Institute originated already from 1872 by the ‘Geheimer Medizinalrat’ Eulenberg as Chair of the Pharmaceutical Examination committee in Prussia. 30 years later, the new building was then officially opened by the Director of the Institute, Prof. Dr. Herrmann Thoms, in the presence of the Minister of Culture, Dr. Studt, including a photo presentation as new media illustrating the building process of the Institute.