University and Familiy
At the following places of the department you will find a comfortable and appropriate for children place to be for you and your little ones.
- Botanischer Garten / Botanisches Museum; Museumsgebäude (Dachgeschoss Raum A 304), Königin-Luise-Str. 6-8, 14195 Berlin
- Dahlem Center of Plant Sciences, Albrecht-Thaer-Weg 6, 14195 Berlin
- Fachbereich BCP, Takustr. 3, Ehemalige Bibliothek, 14195 Berlin
- list of all parent-child rooms at the FU
- list of all childcare rooms at the FU
Dual Career & Family Service
The Dual Career & Family Service of the Free University Berlin works for the compatibility of family and the university, concerning work or studies at the FU. They offer special consulting and information referring to topics like: protection of motherhood, parental leave, financial support, job hunting of the partner, schools and childcare for parents working at the FU; preferential registration for seminars, semester-long leave of absence, attendance, part-time studies etc. for parents studying at the FU.
There exists as well consulting and information for relatives of persons in need of care.
Also, they advise scientists in the matter of using funds for measures to establish equal opportunities (german version).
Day nursery and possibilities of care
Information relating to possibilities of child care, you will find on the following websites:
- Day nursery of the Studierendenwerk Berlin
- List of nurserys and schools in the wiki of the Dual Career & Family Service
- Private child care
- Complementary child care – MoKiS
- Care in cases of emergency
Studying with children – Counselling
You can find advice at the counselling of the Dual Career & Family Service or at the Social counselling of the Studierendenwerk Berlin.
University sport courses for families
The university sport of the FU offers courses for the whole family, for children, for pregnant women as well as for mother and baby. (Family courses – german version)
Summer-University for pupils
The FU offers interesting and exciting events during the last two weeks of the summer holidays for pupils from 10th grade onward. The topics of the lectures come from mathematics, informatics, biology, chemistry and pharmacy. The lectures are free, but there are small participation fees for some of the courses (like lab class e. g.). More information: Summer-University (german version).