Information for Incoming-Students
- Contact Persons
- Types of lessons / Study Programme
- Whom shall you contact, if problems are occurring?
- How can I get a Transcript
- Further Information
Please contact the appropriate persons directly and as soon as possible after your arrival in Berlin (for Biology as soon as possible before your arrival)! This is necessary to discuss your final course programme for your stay if you like to participate in courses of the faculties!
Dr. Jana Petri
Address: Takustr. 3 (room 14.10), 14195 Berlin
Dr. Bernhard Loll
Address: Biochemistry, Takustr. 6 (room 307), 14195 Berlin
Prof. Dr. Christoph Schalley
Address: Chemistry, Takustr. 3 (room 32.05), 14195 Berlin
E-Mail: c.schalley (at) fu-berlin.de
Prof. Dr. Roland Bodmeier
Address: Pharmaceutical Technology, Institute of Pharmacy, Kelchstr. 31, 12169 Berlin
The course catalog for the actual term is online: “Vorlesungsverzeichnis – Freie Universität Berlin”, you'll find it under the menu item "department" and "Biology, Chemistry, and Pharmacy". There are four types of lessons at the department (lectures, seminars, practical courses and laboratory-work):
- The LECTURES are consisting of oral presentations in either German or English. You can visit them without any problems.
- SEMINARS: The main subject of the seminars is to discuss the state of the art in a particular research area. You often have to give a short oral presentation about an original research article.
- The PRACTICAL COURSES are laboratory courses. They take place one to four weeks and are often combined with seminars and lectures. Some courses have prerequisites for a participation.
- If you would like to work in a laboratory (LAB-PRACTICAL, INTERNSHIP), please ask the heads of the labs directly whether they have lab space for you, or get help from the persons mentioned in the attached document. They will try to get one for you. There is no official enrolment. For a lab-work you can also get an ECTS-certificate. Please ask the head of the lab how many credits you will get for a chosen time.
If you face any problems regarding your visit, please let me know and do not hesitate to contact me. Just come along and we shall try to find a solution for your problems. You will find me at the following address:
Thorsten Grospietsch, Referent für Studium und Lehre, Fachbereich Biologie, Chemie, Pharmazie, Arnimallee 22 (A.017), 14195 Berlin, Tel.: +49-30-83858693, Fax.: +49-30-83853900, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please check whether all of your grades are mentioned in "Campusmanagement" or you got paper-certificates for your visited courses. If something is missing please contact the lecturers directly.
- Please fill out the form (in English or in German) and send it to email@example.com (scan, foto, hardcopy), include scans of the paper certificates if you got some
- Please take into account, that it will last up to two weeks to get a certificate.
- You will get a color-scan of the transcript via e-mail, the hardcopy will be send to your university directly. The addressee will be asked to hand out the original version to you.
You would like to do an internship in a lab of your choice?
- Please contact the group leaders of the department Biology, Chemistry and Pharmacy directly and ask them, if there is a workplace in the working group regarding your field of choice.
- Please ask your university how you can apply for the internship (SMP-Erasmus+ grant).
Here you will find more information about Internships (FAQs): https://www.fu-berlin.de/en/studium/international/studium_fu/auslandssemester/erasmus_in/Praktikanten_an_der_FU.html (insurance, public transport, matriculation)