International Max Planck Research School for Biology and Computation – Call for applications (deadline: January 5, 2024)
News vom 18.10.2023
The International Max Planck Research School for Biology and Computation (IMPRS-BAC) is now recruiting doctoral candidates for a start in 2024.
We are looking for motivated and outstanding graduates from all over the world – whether you have a degree in biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, computer science or mathematics, as long as you have a passion for working at the interface between biology and computation, this may be the place for you. Join our international community in Berlin, Germany, and work on an exciting research project in one of our areas of interest: epigenetics, gene regulation, RNA biology, developmental biology, structural biology, protein biochemistry, molecular evolution, biological sequence analysis, bioinformatics, mathematical modeling, statistics and more.
The International Max Planck Research School for Biology and Computation is a collaboration between Freie Universität Berlin (Department of Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy; Department of Mathematics and Computer Science) and Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics.
· a master's or comparable degree in a relevant subject, awarded by October 2024;
· some experience with computational or biological research;
· knowledge in biology or computation with a willingness to gain the other;
· very good written and spoken English;
· a project proposal that matches one of our PI's research interests;
· cutting-edge research in a variety of areas in biology and computation;
· 3 years' funding to work on your PhD project;
· a degree from the Freie Universität Berlin;
· excellent supervision through a thesis advisory committee;
· a diverse community to exchange ideas with;
· a flexible and challenging curriculum of scientific and transferable skills;
· the opportunity for travel to present your work;
· an international program in one of Europe's most exciting cities;
· Apply by January 5th, 2024 (23:59 CET) via our application portal.
· Short-listed candidates are invited to Berlin for interviews between March 18th and 20th, 2024.
· Successful candidates start their doctorate between April and November 2024.
Please prepare your CV, motivation letter, academic record, a research proposal and find two referees willing to provide references, then apply via our application portal by January 5th, 2024 (23:59 CET). There is no application fee. Check our website and our FAQ for more information.
Contact: Dr. Anne-Dominique Gindrat (firstname.lastname@example.org)