International Max Planck Research School for Biology And Computation – Call for applications (deadline January 6th, 2023)
News vom 28.10.2022
The International Max Planck Research School for Biology And Computation (IMPRS-BAC) is now recruiting doctoral students for a start in 2023.
We are looking for motivated and outstanding graduates from all over the world – whether you have a degree in biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, computer science or mathematics, as long as you have a passion for working at the interface between biology and computation, this may be the place for you. Join our international community in Berlin, Germany, and work on an exciting research project in one of our areas of interest: epigenetics, structural biology, developmental biology, mathematical modeling, biological sequence analysis, mechanobiology, stem cells and differentiation, statistics, molecular evolution and more.
The International Max Planck Research School for Biology And Computation is a collaboration between Freie Universität Berlin (Department of Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy; Department of Mathematics and Computer Science) and Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics.
· a master's or comparable degree in a relevant subject, awarded by October 2023;
· some experience with computational or biological research;
· knowledge in biology or computation with a willingness to gain the other;
· very good written and spoken English;
· a project proposal that matches one of our PI's research interests
· cutting-edge research in a variety of areas in biology and computation;
· 3 years' funding to work on your PhD project;
· a degree from the Freie Universität Berlin;
· excellent supervision through a thesis advisory committee;
· a flexible and challenging curriculum of scientific and transferable skills;
· the opportunity for travel to present your work;
· an international program in one of Europe's most exciting cities;
· Apply by January 6th, 2023 (23:59 CET) via our application platform.
· Short-listed candidates are invited to Berlin for interviews between March 27th and 29th, 2023, but virtual attendance is possible.
· Successful candidates start their PhD between April and November 2023.
Please prepare your CV, motivation letter, academic record, a research proposal and two referees willing to provide references, then apply via our application platform. There is no application fee. Check our website and our FAQ for more information.
Contact: Dr. Anne-Dominique Gindrat (firstname.lastname@example.org)