Freie Universität as well as the Department Biology, Chemistry, and Pharmacy (BCP) offer continuing education opportunities for refugees, for example as guest students to participate in events, to receive further training, and to learn the technical language.Welcome@FUBerlin Programme - an extensive package of academic offers, which should facilitate the entrance into a future study.
- German Courses: One of the most important prerequisites for starting your studies at a later date is an adequate knowledge of German. The courses are aimed primarily at those who are interested and have no previous knowledge of German.
- Self-study centre and tandem partnerships: The self-study centre also offers a good opportunity for learning German, with opportunities such as language learning advice, workshops and learning tips, as well as working independently using a variety of materials. Another possibility is the tandem mediation of the Language Centre.
Prospective students have the opportunity to study at the Studienkolleg of Freie Universität in a scientific, academic, and linguistic way (at level B2/C1) specific to their studies in the preparatory courses of the Studienkolleg.Guest Study Program for Refugees
Refugees have the opportunity to take part free of charge in courses with a maximum of 6 semester hours per week. Individual institutes and scientific institutions will release courses for this purpose.
- Courses in Biology: Please contact the Office of Academic Affairs and Study Advisory - Biology.
- Courses in Chemistry: Please contact Prof. Christoph Schalley.
- Courses in Biochemistry: Please contact Dr. Jens Peter Fürste.
Fugitives can have a guest card created for libraries, even if they do not yet have a registration address. This gives them access to all printed and electronic resources of all libraries of Freie Universität Berlin. The Central Library offers introductory events on request.Non-university offerings
Understanding Forms: The project Kontakt- und Beratungsstelle für Flüchtlinge und Migrant_innen e. V. translates forms for refugees and makes them available online.