Springe direkt zu Inhalt

What do I have to do to apply for a study place?

In addition to the opportunity to participate in the Welcome@FUBerlin program and events as a guest auditor, foreign nationals entitled to asylum can apply for a regular place at university. If the asylum procedure has not yet been completed, studies can be commenced as long as this is not expressly prohibited by a condition of residence permit.

In principle, a higher education entrance qualification must be proven. This can, for example, be checked in advance using the anabin database. In the absence of proof, universities should nevertheless check whether the requirements have been met (resolution of the KMK, 03.12.2015).

If the prerequisites are not fulfilled, it is possible to obtain the right to take up university studies at a later date by participating in the Studienkolleg. Meanwhile, prospective students are prepared in terms of language and subject. Applications are processed via the uni-assist portal.

Applications for a recognised university entrance qualification are also processed via uni-assist.