3. Admission


Image Credit: http://www.istockphoto.com

Please submit your application for doctorate admission proceedings within the office hours at the doctoral degree office (room 12.15), Takustr. 3, 14195 Berlin.

Please make sure that you submit the application at the beginning of your doctorate studies to the doctoral degree office!

Admission documentation required:

  • ID (Identity Card) or Passport
  • Application form
    The leader of your working group will become your supervisor. If your supervisor is not a member of our department, the main professor from our department will become 2nd reviewer
  • In case your supervisor is not habilitated:
    application to become accepted by the doctorate board as a supervisor
  • Certificate and transcript
    Originals or certified copies
    (In case of certificates, which are neither German nor English, a certified translation is requested)

    diploma or
    master + bachelor (300 ECTS) or
    2nd state examination pharmacy and the transcript of records or
    3rd state examination medicine / veterinary medicine or
    another equivalent qualification

  • CV (signed + dated)

  • Working plan (signed by the doctoral student and the supervisor)
    description of the aims and methods of the doctoral degree project
    thesis (1 – 2 pages running text)

  • Time schedule (signed by the doctoral student and the supervisor)
    up to the submission of your thesis (in table form)

  • Proof of the language skills you wish to do the doctoral work in
    Originals or certified copies

    German: level DSH 2 or equivalent proof
    TestDaF-certificate at least 4 x TDN 4

    English: level B2 or equivalent proof
    six years of English instruction at school
    (if the language level is not shown on the (school) certificate)
    IELTS 5.0
    Cambridge Examinations:
    First Certificate (FCE)
    Advanced (CAE)

    Proficiency (CPE)
    TOEFL: Paper 500 or Computer 170 or Internet 80
    UNIcert® II
    If you have earned your university entrance qualification abroad, the transcripts and documents you submit with your application do not typically show how many years of language instruction you have completed. In that case, you must submit either a certificate from their school regarding the duration of their instruction, or a language certificate.
    In case of university entrance qualifications issued in Australia, the United Kingdom, Ireland,
    Canada, New Zealand, or the United States of America, or if you have a degree from any
    of those countries, you are not required to provide any further proof regarding your English skills on the B2