Opportunities for Refugees in Chemistry
More information on opportunities for refugees (in German): see the internet page of the Department of Biology, Chemistry and Pharmacy
As a refugee you can participate as guests of the University even before you receive your official refugee status. Enrollment in the study programs is however only possible after that. If you wish to do chemistry courses, please read the following information:
- general information on the Welcome@FU program is available in German as well as English language. For general questions not directly relating to Chemistry courses, please check these pages. Also, you find links for registration there.
- chemistry and biochemistry are two related, but independent course programs. If you are interested in biochemistry courses, please click here. The contact person in biochemistry is Dr. Jens-Peter Fürste.
- the chemistry bachelor program has opened all lecture courses and the corresponding excercises for refugees. Please note, however that the bachelor program is in German and thus requires German language proficiency.
- the chemistry master program instead is a bilingual program and can be done in English language. Again, the lecture courses and excercises are open to refugees. If you wish to participate in a course of the master program, please be advised that the master program is a consecutive one building on our bachelor program. Therefore, you should have studied chemistry before and need to come with an equivalent knowledge.
- unfortunately, we are not able to offer practical laboratory courses, as space restrictions apply and because you will not have proper insurance as a guest of the university.
If you are interested in any course of our bachelor or master program, please register on the Welcome@FU page mentioned above. Prof. Christoph Schalley is coordinating our program for refugees and is available to provide advice on what courses you might take. Please contact him by email to make an appointment.