Springe direkt zu Inhalt

Mercury

Keep cool!

A lot of people react hysterically if they hear "mercury".

Indeed it is labelled to be very toxic when it is inhaled, but it has a very low vapor pressure. This is the reason why all over the world only aproximately 10 people so far died because of a mercury intoxication.

Dangerous is a persistent intoxication over a long period of time. That is the reason why spilled mercury has to be removed thoroughly. You may do this courageously and without any breathing protection.

Spilled mercury can easily be brushed together - afterwards you will not detect any mercury at the brush. Further advice see regular disposal.