OC 5: Stereoselektive Synthese - SoSe 2018
Tuesdays 10:00-12:00 in HS Kristallographie (Takustr. 6)
Tuesdays 14:00-15:00 (Every 2 weeks) in HS Kristallographie (Takustr. 6)
Active Participation Requirements: To qualify for "active participation" in this course, you need to have answered at least 4 out of the 7 problem sheets prior to the problem session. Your answers can be handed in to my office in 05.08 (Takustr. 3). If I am not there, they can be placed in a blue folder attached to the door. Alternatively you can or scan or photo them and send to me via email (email@example.com).
If you hand them in by 14:00 on the monday before the problem session, I will take a look at them and give them back to you by the tuesday problem session. Otherwise, you should show your answers to me before the start of the problem session to be credited.
Oral examination in either english or german lasting approximately 30 mins.
Dates and times will be arranged later in the course.
Handouts, Slides and Resources
For each topic covered, an overview document outlining the scope of the course and recommended reading material is provided along with a full script of the lectures. The problem sheets are also posted along with downloads and links to other useful resources.
All resources are downloadable from this website (see the links at the bottom of this page): AG Hopkinson - Teaching - OC 5: Stereoselektive Synthese - SoSe 2018
A password to open the documents will be provided in the lectures.
All resources are also available on the Blackboard system.
If you have any problems finding or downloading the documents, send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Semester||Sommer Semester 2018|
|Scope of Course|
|Room||Takustraße 6 Hs Kristallographie|
|Start||Apr 17, 2018 | 10:00 AM|
|end||Jul 17, 2018 | 03:00 PM|
- General Course Information and Introduction
- Topic 1: Stereochemistry of Organic Molecules Overview
- Topic 1: Molecular Stereochemistry Script (Lectures 1 & 2)
- Problem Sheet 1 (24.04.2018)
- Problem Sheet 1 Solutions (24.04.2018)
- Problem Sheet 2 (08.05.2018)
- Problem Sheet 2 Solutions (08.05.2018)
- Topic 2: Conformational Analysis Overview
- Topic 2: Conformational Analysis Script (Lecture 3)
- Topic 3: Stereoselectivity Strategies Overview
- Topic 3: Stereoselectivity Strategies Script (Lecture 4)
- Problem Sheet 3 (22.05.2018)
- Problem Sheet 3 Solutions (22.05.2018)
- Topic 4: Nucleophilic Addition to Carbonyls Overview
- Topic 4: Nucleophilic Addition to Carbonyls Script (Lectures 5 & 6)
- Problem Sheet 4 (05.06.2018)
- Problem Sheet 4 Solutions (05.06.2018)
- Topic 5: Stereoselective Reactions of Enolates Overview
- Topic 5: Stereoselective Reactions of Enolates Script (Lectures 7, 8 & 9)
- Problem Sheet 5 (19.06.2018)
- Problem Sheet 5 Solutions (19.06.2018)
- Topic 6: Stereoselective Hydrogenation Overview
- Topic 6: Stereoselective Hydrogenation Script (Lectures 9 & 10)
- Topic 7: Stereoselective Oxidation of Alkenes Overview
- Topic 7: Stereoselective Oxidation of Alkenes Script (Lectures 10 & 11)
- Problem Sheet 6 (03.07.2018)
- Problem Sheet 6 Solutions (03.07.2018)
- Topic 8: The Diels-Alder Reaction Overview
- Topic 8: The Diels-Alder Reaction Script (Lecture 12)
- Problem Sheet 7 (17.07.2018)
- Problem Sheet 7 Solutions (17.07.2018)
- Revision Lecture: Stereoselective Total Synthesis of (-)-Epothilone A Script (Lecture 13)
- Exam Timetable (Updated 06.07.2018)
- Exam Timetable - Second Round (Updated 30.08.2018)