We are always looking for motivated students, who want to join our lab for internships or for working towards a Bachelor/Master/PhD thesis. Our research projects are highly interdisciplinary, such that we can offer projects in the fields of (bio)physics, (bio)chemistry, and material science, depending on the training and scientific focus of the applicant.
Students aiming for an internship or a Bachelor/Master thesis are encouraged to apply at any time; please send a meaningful application via mail.
Furthermore, there will be several openings for PhD students and Postdocs in the near future, which will be announced here or in the Stellenanzeiger of the Freie Universität Berlin. You may apply to these positions once announced or send a meaningful application via mail in advance.
1. Single particle tracking of biological nanoparticles (e.g., (proteo-)liposomes, viruses) at interfaces for the quantification of multivalent interactions or other analytical purposes
2. Single-molecule force spectroscopy experiments involving a novel shear force-based assay or atomic force microscopy (Note: There will be an opening for a related PhD position this autumn. Students with expertise in PDMS-based microfluidics are encouraged to send a meaningful letter of interest via mail ahead of the opening.)
3. Quantification of the activity/turnover of enzymes measured with single-molecule resolution using advanced microscopy (e.g., TIRF, confocal, FCS)
4. Quantification of transport processes occuring within hydrogels or at biological interfaces
5. Disassembly/Uncoating of virus capsids induced via (bio)chemical or mechanical stimuli
6. Development of tailored data analysis schemes for the above-mentioned experiments